December 04, 2008

I rarely do this...

...but I'm such a big lover of the Christmas season that I couldn't resist. Thanks to Barefoot in the Park for this one!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Simple wrapping paper and lots of ribbon!

2. Tree--Real or Artificial? Like pearls, silver and boobs, only real is acceptable.

3. When do you put Christmas tree up? I start pestering my parents around 4 weeks before Christmas. If I had it my way it would be up on Black Friday!

4. When do you take the tree down? It usually comes down the weekend after New Years Day, just due to the pure fire hazard =(

5. Like eggnog? Didn't used to like it, but then I tried a bottle my aunt and uncle brought from Brooklyn. I'm pretty sure it's mixed in a bathtub in the basement with a wooden spoon.

6. Do you have a nativity scene? My parents have a ceramic one for under the tree. Up until about 10 years ago it was a cheesy plastic one. Guess the folks didn't want us shattering baby Jesus.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? Forget the name of it... but the mechanical life-size white puppy that you could walk.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My sister-in-law, who already has everything she wants.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister. Anything from Coach or Vera Bradley and she's over the moon.

10. Worst Christmas gift? The box set of the first three Star Wars movies. From my boyfriend. It didn't last.

11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail! You can't hang e-cards around a doorframe or on the mantel.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, and my top favorite - A CHRISTMAS STORY.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'll venture out late on Black Friday to get a few things. Last Sunday I got 5 out of 11 people done!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes - lotions and shower gels that I knew I'd never use.

15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Pancakes in the morning.
16. Lights on tree? This is really a question? White lights, white angel, red/gold/lace ribbon, red/gold/white/silver ornaments, complete with crystal snowflakes and everyone's brass college ornament.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? I'll be Home for Christmas sung by Sinatra, or a simple Angels We Have Heard on High sung by my church chorus.

18. Travel during Christmas or Stay home? During college and for a couple years after that I had to travel to go home, but I loved the long, warm drives through the woods to finally return to Fairfield County.

19. Can you name Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, & Rudolph. Next!

20. Angel or Star on Tree top? Angel

21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People buying outrageously expensive gifts to outdo one another, or people who hire others to decorate their house and tree.

23. Favorite ornament? The brass engraved ornament from my college, the most beautiful building on campus.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Wellies, a cashmere sweater, and a silver bracelet/necklace set... but mostly I still love surprises!

1 comment:

Preppy Pearl Girl said...

Oh my goodness, I loved all of your answers to this survey! Especially to number 2! I have probably said this before a while back, but your blog is so much fun to read!