April 20, 2009

"I like talking to you."

Pete and I took a break from seeing each other this weekend... we both had other plans and saw each other twice last week. But of course, as always, I was dying to talk to him and as I wished/predicted, he called last night. It was another funny, sexy coy 2-hour conversation, as always.

But my favorite part was around the 90-minute mark, when I told him I was pleasantly surprised at his enjoyment of the phone. Most men, as we know, use the phone for strictly business, and find nothing duller or effeminate than talking on the phone for more than 15 minutes.

Me: "I have to tell you, I'm surprised that we talk for so long on the phone. Most men hate the phone."
Pete: "I hate the phone. I always text for plans and I can't stand calling people. But I like talking to you."

::swoon::

It must be a good sign when a straight, 26-year old man will talk to you for 2 or 3 hours at a time, and only hang up because you have to get up for work in 5 hours... right?

Crossing my fingers for a call tomorrow, to make plans for Saturday... we'll see. More on this later.

Hayley

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very swoon material indeed.

Jules said...

i would say woooosh......oh thats cute

Girl in Carolina said...

Double Swoon. :)