March 02, 2008

Feeling Young at 15% Off

I know, I know, I'm only recently a college alum, so I understand when middle-aged women roll their eyes when I refer to myself as "old." But still, all you new career women out there will agree that five days in a row wearing suit separates and serious heels can give you that 30-something feeling. The gray hair I found the other day, though tiny and blond-ish in color, only added to the old-and-harried feeling.

I frequently get nostalgic for the days when I could wear Sperrys, jeans, a sweater and aviators every day, and appear "polished." When the last few weeks of class could be spent consecutively in jeans and track shorts. So when I came across this little piece of sunshine to brighten up a rough week and quiet weekend, I had to share.

Right now at American Eagle (www.americaneagle.com) use the discount code 69905524 to get 15% off your order, sale items included, until March 5. They also offer free shipping on orders $100+.

Here's what I used the code to get:

Patchwork Madras Bermudas, $44.50 marked down to $37.83
(Yes, somewhat overdone, but I love madras in spring, and these are less expensive than the JCrew ones, making them a better buy since I rarely get the opportunity to wear plaid shorts without judgment.)


Wide Leg Athletic Pants, $29.95 marked down to $25.46
(Needed these for the gym anyway, and I don't have any red sweatpants.)


Artist Low-Rise Bleached Jeans, $44 on sale for $29.95, marked down to $25.46
(Risky buying jeans online, yes, but 1) they're returnable and 2) they're cheap and look comfy for weekends, to wear with a polo and flops.)

Now, I don't usually shop at AE, now that I'm post-commencement and stuck in office-apropos attire five days a week. It's just not practical or cost efficient, usually. But with sales on reasonable prices and a discount code, I can now justify very early spring shopping for clothes I won't be able to wear until, honestly, maybe the 3rd weekend in April. And there are a few things to avoid: flimsy camisoles with eagles on them, shorts with no discernible inseam and their skirt sisters, and the logo-covered hoodies. Also, the free Spring Break Bag they're sending me, that I couldn't remove from the order. No self-respecting professional woman can pull off these pieces anymore.

Well, maybe in Jersey, since you'll likely look classier than the local women. But who wants to go there?

Happy Shopping!
Hayley

No comments: