Hey, this is my first of these little games since I've been blogging! I have been tagged by Meghan at Summertime Beauty, and if there's anything I love, it's talking about guilty pleasure music. For the record, I'm not embarassed by any of the music I like. Sure, some of it is wacky or hasn't been en vogue since 1994, but if it makes me happy, I'll tell you I listen to it. No prob Bob.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 5 random people at the end of post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. "Get Low" by Lil John et al. This song is so rough, so dirty, so easy to sing along with, and it reminds me of everyone bum-rushing the dance floor at my favorite bar in college, so that they could wave their arms in the direction of "the windows" and "the walls."
2. "Come Clean" by Hilary Duff. I actually have never seen a full episode of Laguna Beach (but love The Hills), but I love this song for its flowing, simple melody, and the chorus is so catchy and fun to sing with. This too reminds me of driving with the sunroof open at night. Good call Meghan!
3. "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls. I try not to like this group, but whoever is producing their songs is making some great beats. I think the lyrics to this song for the most part are ridiculous ("I wanna have boobies"????), but what can I say - that backbeat keeps me going strong on the treadmill!
4. "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big & Rich (I think). Who hasn't done the giddy-up dance at a bar, holding a beer and singing about saddling up your horse and riding into the city?
5. "Everytime" by Britney Spears. The lyrics are endearing and the melody is perfect for listening while you watch a thunderstorm. The singing is soft and not hoochi-fied for once, too.
What I Wore Today