August 05, 2009

Loved it!

I just came back from seeing (500) Days of Summer, and I am already planning to go again.

The cast is small, but excellent. The male lead, Tom, you might remember from the similarly romantic and unlucky-in-love Cameron from 10 Things I Hate About You (which I watched last night!). The female lead, Summer, is the uniquely pretty Zooey Deschanel. There is also a minor character played buy the guy in Sex & the City who lies to Miranda about being a doctor, while she is lying about being a stewardess.

Anyway...! I won't give away too much about the story, but the good things are:
  • It's not overly sappy.
  • It's actually quite funny.
  • It's quirky, but not in a trying-too-hard kind of way.
  • The ending is unexpected but sentimental.
Plus, Miss Deschanel's wardrobe and hair are divine, and Tom has a baby face full of optimism, even when he's down. Go see it!

1 comment:

preppyinnewengland said...

I am hearing so much about this film. Love the movies that come out of nowhere without major stars and turn out to be huge winners!
This is on my list. Thanks for posting.