I don't know squat about this country!
I thought Capri was on the east coast near Greece and that Florence and Venice were a 2-hour ride from each other. I speak zero Italian and to be completely straight, I don't even know about most of the sights in each city I'm visiting. So I have plenty of reading to do.
But in the little bit I have done so far, and with a little help from Contikipedia, I've made a list to begin a working itinerary. Sounds like I'll need a few recovery days when I get home.
The Italy That Will Happen:
- breaking my neck looking at the Sistine Chapel
- eating gelato with every meal
- swimming in Capri's Green Grotto
- tripping over a stiletto in the cobblestones
- eating a lemon right off the tree in Sorrento
- taking a cab ride through Rome
- buying designer sunnies in Milan
- drinking on a gondola ride in Venice
The Italy That Might Happen:
- Florence discoteque!
- a chance meeting with a local boy
- hiking to the top of Capri
- getting lost
- lemoncello coma
- breaking a sandal hiking in Cinque Terre
- a reasonable leather Florentine purse
- getting mauled by pigeons
- getting mauled by gypsies
The Italy That Will Never Happen:
- bad food